Careers in Health 2019
Barwon Health is offering three day’s Work Experience for twenty Year 10 students from Geelong region schools on four occasions in 2020 (4 programs), students may only choose one program.
Monday 20 – Wednesday 22 July 2020
Wednesday 22 July - Friday 24 July 2020
Monday 31 August - Wednesday 2 September 2020
Wednesday 2 September - Friday 4 September 2020
*Students must be able to commit to the full program chosen.
About the program
This immersive work experience program offers exposure to clinicians and educators from a broad range of occupations including Nursing, Medicine and Allied Health.
Day 1: Orientation and simulation activities
Day 2: Observation of health workers in McKellar Inpatient Rehab Centre and Aged Care facilities
Day 3: Simulation activities, reflection and presentation
Maximum number of students that can be accommodated: 80 (20 in each program)
Hours of attendance: 9.00 am – 3.15 pm
Locations: University Hospital Geelong and Kitchener House, Ryrie Street, Geelong
The McKellar Centre, 45 – 95 Ballarat Road, North Geelong
• be in Yr 10, 15 years old & attend school in Greater Geelong, Bellarine Peninsula or Surf Coast
• have a genuine interest in health as a career option and be willing to explore multiple areas of health throughout the program
• be able to attend all five days of the Work Experience program from 9.00am to 3.15pm
• be prepared to participate fully in all activities offered as part of the program
• make their own way to and from the venues (at the two sites above)
• have the endorsement and signature of their school and parent/guardian
Appication forms can be obtained from Mr Mahr. The form must be returned to Mr Mahr by Friday 1st May.